Monday, September 1, 2008

Go Away Hurricane Gustav


   
  As Hurricane Gustav bears down on my hometown of Houma Louisiana , I'm glued to CNN and the Weather Channel.  The roof peeled off of a building near Saint Francis de Sales Catholic Church in downtown Houma.  My mom has safely evacuated to Enterprise Alabama.  She said her friend's son rode out the storm at his shrimp processing plant in Dulac Louisiana close to where Gustav 's eye passed.  So far there's only 6 inches of water over the road, whew... that's definitely no Hurricane Katrina.   But Hurricane Ike may be another story (I don't like Ike )

     In recognition of role that the coastal wetlands play in absorbing the storm surge during hurricanes, I painted Tampa Bay Mangroves.

     It's an oil on board, 12 inches by 12 inches.  The price is $350

     To purchase Tampa Bay Mangroves, contact Matt via email at mattsartjourney@mac.com


No comments: