Monday, September 1, 2008

It's Been a Summer Full of Painting & Art



      Summer 2008 has been exciting for art opportunities.  In June, I was awarded the 2007 North Carolina Red Cross Special Volunteer of the Year Award.  This prestigious award goes to a volunteer who has made an outstanding service contribution to the North Carolina Red Cross.  I was awarded this honor for the Hurricane Katrina Benefit that I organized and hosted in August 2007.  All proceeds from the Katrina Event benefitted the Triangle Chapter of the American Red Cross .  A special thanks goes out to Mr. Barry Porter, Executive Director of the Triangle Chapter of the American Red Cross.

     This Saturday, September 6th,  I'll be painting from life, outdoors as the entertainment for the Grand Opening of the New Raleigh Convention Center.  I was chosen by the Raleigh Convention Center to be the visual artist entertainer.  I'll be demonstrating how to paint from life, the view of the new Raleigh Convention Center.   For Directions, click here... 
      If you come downtown, stop by & say hi!



No comments: